8. Nikoo, M., Richards, C. & Bates, A.E. (in review) ‘Worldwide case of COVID-19 cabin fever as a motivator for conservation and sustainable action.’ Biological Conservation.
7. Richards, C., Collins, S.M., Fisher, K., Blackmore, R. Fifield, D. & Bates, A.E. (in review) ‘Burrows buffer nest temperatures and offer a stable thermal microclimate for threatened seabird chicks during extreme events.’ FACETS.
6. Richards, C., Cooke, R. S. C., Bowler, D., Boerder, K. & Bates, A. E. (in review) ‘Bycatch-threatened seabirds disproportionally contribute to global community trait composition.' Global Ecology and Conservation.
5. Collins, S.M., Hendrix, J… Richards, C., et al. (2022) ‘A bibliometric investigation of the integration of animal personality within conservation contexts.’ Conservation Biology. https://doi.org/10.1111/cobi.14021
4. Richards, C., Cooke, R. S. C., Bowler, D., Boerder, K. & Bates, A. E. (2022) ‘Species’ traits and exposure as a future lens for quantifying seabird bycatch vulnerability in global fisheries’, Avian Conservation & Ecology, 7(1):34. https://doi.org/10.5751/ACE-02033-170134
3. Bates, A. E., Primack, R., Biggar, B., Bird, T., Clinton, M., Command, R., Richards, C., et al. (2021) 'Global COVID-19 lockdown highlights humans as threats and custodians of the environment', Biological Conservation, 109175.
2. Richards, C., Cooke, R. S. C. & Bates, A. E. (2021) 'Biological traits of seabirds predict extinction risk and vulnerability to anthropogenic threats', Global Ecology and Biogeography, 30: 973–986. https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.13279
1. Richards, C., Padget, O., Guilford, T. & Bates, A. E. (2019) ‘Manx shearwater (Puffinus puffinus) rafting behaviour revealed by GPS-tracking and behavioural observations’, PeerJ , 7:e7863. https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.7863
Manuscripts in prep
1. Richards, C., Collins, S.M., Blackmore, R., Montevecchi, W., et al. (in prep) ‘Direct and indirect impacts of a hurricane across a seabird breeding hotspot.’
2. Richards, C., et al. (in prep) 'Seabird biodiversity hotspots at Nunatsiavut polynyas during ice-covered and ice-free seasons'
3. Richards, C., et al. (in prep) 'Climate change constraints on seabird population trends in Eastern Canada and Inuit Nunangat'